Faculties and centres
This subject aims to enable the student to distinguish the fundamentals of health management and to know the systems of measurement of health production, learning to interpret the health service indicators, as well as to apply the techniques for improving the quality of care by developing the individual capacity to the design of action plans at work in the health services.
The aim is to promote a positive -proactive- attitude towards the clinical safety of the patient, knowing how to identify, assess and prevent health care risks and assess in terms of Efficacy, effectiveness and efficiency the decision-making in care activities, as well as using the effectiveness measures in clinical and health management: indicators and practice profiles.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
Define the fundamental concepts of public health and evidence-based healthcare
• Recognize the limitations of health information and be able to judge the validity of the literature
• Critically analyze the evidence and use the information for health decision making
• Know the current state of healthcare research.
• Evidence, specifically, the current situation of rights and duties of the patient
• Know and know how to use the main documentary sources on healthcare quality
• Train for the design of evaluation studies and improvement of healthcare quality
• Identify key issues in the evaluation and improvement of healthcare quality.
• Apply knowledge of economic evaluation, in particular those related to effectiveness and efficiency to a public health or healthcare activity.
• Evidence and management of uncertainty in healthcare performance: clinical variability.