Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2023-24
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
Course context for academic year 2023-24
Basic and common subject, its objective is to present concrete concepts and techniques of data storage that are useful for the realization of the master project. In particular, it focuses on scheduling on the database server and managing large volumes of data and with a lot of concurrent connections.
Database programming on the server itself allows you to lighten the tasks of the client program while reinforcing the integrity and security mechanisms of the database engine. On the other hand, it is basic for improving the efficiency and performance of SQL queries.
The typical problems of working with databases are aggravated when there are many data to work with or the number of users who access at the same time is very high. Every database engine must provide tools, which are to be seen in this course, to effectively manage these eventualities.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- B10 : Capacity to identify, select and implement the different layers and components that configure the software architecture of Web applications and distributed applications.
- B12 : Capacity to understand and apply XML markup language and languages related to Web applications to software components and services.
- B6 : Capacity to design and programme using the different platforms and programming languages used to implement Web applications.
- B7 : Capacity to design and programme using the different platforms and programming languages used to implement distributed applications.
- B8 : Capacity to design and programme using the different platforms and programming languages used to implement mobile devices.
- B9 : Capacity to design, consult and integrate database systems seeking to optimise their performance.
Basic Competences and Competences included under the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education (MECES)
- A1 : Capacidad de análisis y síntesis.
- A10 : Habilidad de adaptación al ambiente cambiante propio de la disciplina, sabiendo aplicar los conocimientos adquiridos y resolver problemas en entornos nuevos o poco conocidos dentro de contextos más amplios (o multidisciplinares) relacionados con su área de estudio.
- A11 : Capacidad de creatividad.
- A12 : Motivación por la calidad.
- A13 : Capacidad para mostrar información de forma clara atendiendo a un amplio conjunto de discapacidades técnicas, físicas y psíquicas.
- A5 : Capacidad de trabajar en equipo con iniciativa y espíritu emprendedor.
- A7 : Capacidad de razonamiento y extracción de conclusiones.
- A8 : Compromiso ético y respeto por la propiedad intelectual.
- A9 : Habilidad de aprendizaje que les permitan continuar estudiando de un modo que habrá de ser en gran medida auto-dirigido o autónomo.
Compulsory Specific Competences:>>Software Development Technology
- C2.1 : Capacity to learn to use rich development platforms and develop the same using the programming languages of the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.10 : Capacity to learn and develop distributed computer architectures based on service oriented systems on the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.11 : Capacity to develop heavy applications that require service oriented architecture for mobile devices on the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.12 : Capacity to develop light user interfaces for mobile device applications.
- C2.13 : Capacity to learn how to define, validate and use XML markup language in different application scenarios.
- C2.14 : Explain the possible uses of XSLT based transformations. Describe how to apply XSLT and the most basic constraints of this language.
- C2.15 : Explain the basic APIs for analysing XML documents. Describe the basic differences between the different approaches.
- C2.2 : Capacity to develop desktop applications with access to relational databases using the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.3 : Capacity to understand and use development techniques for Web applications using the programming tools of the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.4 : Capacity to develop Web applications through synchronous and asynchronous requests and with access to a relational database on the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.5 : Capacity to learn and apply different database management solutions for efficient access and to ensure access in high traffic environments.
- C2.6 : Understand different database management solutions appropriate for handling high volumes of information and value their integration with software development platforms.
- C2.7 : Understand and know how to apply different indexing options to improve the performance of relational databases.
- C2.8 : Capacity to learn and develop distributed computer architectures based on remote procedure calls with the .NET platform and Java.
- C2.9 : Capacity to learn and develop distributed computer architectures based on message oriented systems with the .NET platform and Java.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
- Knowing of the problem of managing and handling large volumes of data
- Knowi how to program a database server
- Know how to design transactions
- To be able to decide between different data models according to the needs of the information system
- Know how to integrate and use databases in client applications
- Learning to abstract database schemas and servers in client applications