Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2023-24
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
Course context for academic year 2023-24
Administration and Management of Databases is presented as a colophon and continuation to the knowledge acquired on databases in the subjects Fundamentals of the Databases (first course) and Design of Databases (second course). After the basic training on databases acquired in these subjects, the proposed subject raises the problem of the administration of a database from an eminently practical point of view. As such, the students will develop complete projects of construction and reconstruction of a database, defining and designing solutions to concrete problems. These projects will allow students to face and overcome challenges that in the future may be transferred to situations that will surely arise in their professional exercises.
Methodologically, the teaching of Administration and Databases Management has been proposed as a project-oriented learning where it will begin to pose a challenge to be achieved, from which the subject will provide the necessary resources for its achievement.
The competences acquired in Administration and Management of Databases will also serve as support for the other subjects of the specialization in Information Technologies, where the problem of information administration and management will be an active part of the developments in each of them.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (Specific Technology):>>Information Technology
- CETI1 : Capacity to understand the context of an organisation and its needs as regards information and communications technologies.
- CETI5 : Capacity to select, deploy, integrate and manage information systems that satisfy the needs of the organisation, with the cost and quality criteria identified.
- CETI6 : Capacity to conceive systems, applications and services based on network technology, including Internet, web, e-commerce, multimedia, interactive services and mobile computing.
- CETI7 : Capacity to understand, apply and manage I.T. system guarantees and security.
- CB3 : Students must be able to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make judgements that include reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
- Know how to apply a complete methodology of administration and management of databases for information technology projects.
- Know how to apply tools and resources for the development of this methodology.
- Know how to apply different mechanisms of administration and management of the information stored in databases.
- Know how to solve different challenges in the administration and management of the usual databases in the future professional activity of the student.
- Discover new trends related to the administration and management of databases.