Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2023-24
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
Course context for academic year 2023-24
The course of Multimedia Systems Design is taught in the first semester of the third year and is mandatory.
In step that subject is approached from the analysis previously performed (in the subject AESS) the design and implementation of multimedia systems specified. This implies that the student must train in the discipline of design software, that means knowing and applying existing techniques for specifying the architecture, design patterns in the different layers and user interface design of multimedia applications to be developed. And besides, this training design has to be complemented by training on a specific platform, in this case .NET, which will require training in the use of tools, languages and development techniques used. Teachers will try to encourage and train students in the fundamentals of the platform.
The training will be done through a directed learning projects, which means that students will have to participate in a project with others, acquire social and communication skills necessary to carry it out, and use existing herraminentas for a software project is carried out collaboratively.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CT1 : Foreign language skills.
- CT2 : Computer and information technology skills.
- CT3 : Oral and written communication skills.
- C1 : Develop, maintain, administrate and evaluate multimedia services that satisfy all user requirements and behave reliably and efficiently while complying with quality standards.
- C10 : Select and manage platforms to support multimedia content from its creation to its distribution and consumption.
- C14 : Design, implement, integrate and implant the tools, applications and components needed to store, process, distribute and access web-based information systems.
- C15 : Understand and apply the principles, methodologies and life cycles of software engineering.
- C22 : Guarantee acceptable quality levels (performance, security, continuity, integrity, reliability) when distributing and storing multimedia content.
- C25 : Design, produce and manage multilingual and multimode multimedia content systems to guarantee their internationalisation, localisation, accessibility and usability.
- C6 : Identify, manage, integrate and implant systems and infrastructures for the distribution, storage and support of multimedia content.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
- Carry out the disciplines of design and implementation of a software project considering the methodological aspects, notation and development environment (.NET)
- Use UML and DSLs (Domain Specific Languages) in the context of software design modeling
- To be able to make user interfaces for different environments that obtain adequate usability and user experience
- Select and set the functionality in the different components from the definition of the architecture
- Learn and apply design patterns and best practices in the different layers of the application
- Learn and apply model-driven development techniques to automate certain software development tasks