Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2023-24
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
Course context for academic year 2023-24
To successfully complete this module the student must have previously completed the following modules:
- 20002 - Fundamentals of Programming I
- 20007 - Fundamentals of Programming II
- 20019 - DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING
Context of the subject in the Degree.
This subject is located at the end of the training period for undergraduates. It aims to provide students with new perspectives of applying their knowledge to the world of work by providing an updated "state of the art" of multimedia services in the knowledge society.
The course consists of two parts:
- Theory: where the great questions relating to the media and the Internet will be analysed; and,
- Practice: a hands-on nature where the basics of web programming in PHP will be learned and the student will do a project to apply the theoretical concepts learned.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
UA Basic Transversal Competences
- CT10 : Capacity to confront, plan and solve real problems demanded by society in the field of engineering.
- CT11 : Capacity to learn and apply new concepts and methods in an autonomous and interdisciplinary fashion.
- CT12 : Capacity to assimilate and adapt to the permanent evolution of technology when developing one's professional career.
- CT13 : Capacity to adopt the scientific method when planning and carrying out different academic and professional tasks.
- CT14 : Capacity for self-criticism needed to analyse and improve the quality of projects.
- CT6 : Capacity to use the English language fluently to access technical information, respond to the needs of society and be self-sufficient when preparing one's professional career.
- CT7 : Capacity for oral and written exposition.
- CT8 : Capacity to plan tasks and commit oneself to satisfying goals and deadlines.
- CT9 : Capacity for group work.
- B2 : Basic understanding of using and programming computers, operating systems, databases and computer programs for use in engineering.
Basic Transversal Competences
- CT1 : Students should show they possess and understand knowledge in a field of study that continues from general secondary education and is usually found at a level which, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes certain aspects that involve knowledge arising from the cutting edge of their field of study.
- CT2 : Students should know how to apply their knowledge to their job or vocation in a professional manner and should possess those skills that are usually reflected when preparing and defending arguments and solving problems in their field of study.
- CT3 : Students should have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (normally within their field of study) to give opinions that include a reflection on important, social, scientific, ethical matters, etc.
- CT4 : Students should be able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- CT5 : Students should have developed the necessary learning skills to take on later studies with a high level of autonomy.
Specific Competences: >> Competences Common to the Telecommunications Branch
- C1 : Capacity for self-learning of new knowledge and techniques appropriate for the conception, development and exploitation of telecommunications systems and services.
- C12 : Understand and use the concepts of network architecture, protocols and communications interfaces.
- C2 : Capacity to use computer and information applications, office systems, databases, advanced calculation, project management, visualisation, etc.) to support the development and exploitation of telecommunications and electronics networks, services and applications.
- C3 : Capacity to use computer tools to find bibliographic resources and information related to telecommunications and electronics.
Specific Competences: >> Competences Specific to Sound and Image
- E1 : Capacity to construct, exploit and manage telecommunications services and applications, understanding these to be systems for the acquisition, analogue and digital treatment, coding, transport, representation, processing, storage, reproduction, management and presentation of audiovisual services and multimedia information.
- E5 : Capacity to create, code, manage, broadcast and distribute multimedia content, taking into account criteria of usability and accessibility to audiovisual, broadcasting and interactive services.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2023-24
- To know the multimedia context provided by the information society for the development of web programming projects.
- To know systems development methodologies and the Internet-based multimedia services necessary in the information society.
- To know the problems of intellectual property and its dissemination through Internet-based multimedia services.
- To be able to develop the adequate interaction of an interactive internet-based product in different formats that exist today in media systems (mobile, home, pc, tablets ...).
- To understand and be able to propose proposals on Internet of things.
- To acquire basic skills in web programming languages like PHP.
- To know the client-server architecture that allows multimedia developments in the Internet and be able to build interactive systems architecture.