Faculties and centres
The subject belongs to block mandatory training curriculum and is located in the third year. In it, a basic knowledge of management, planning and organization of health services and nursing specifically provided. Describes and analyzes the elements and principles of the NHS as financing and health expenditures and their legal basis. Further studies, the need to improve aspects of efficiency, quality, coverage and equity.
During program development, components and evolution of the concept of quality of care are discussed and analyzed the different models of design and management plans to improve quality. In the workshops the tools to improve clinical practice is working.
The subject matter of the Health Economics also describes and optimal use of resources for the care of disease and health promotion is discussed.
In this course you work with transversal character values ¿¿education, gender and scientific literature is used.
Specific Competences (CE)
General Competences of the Degree Course (CG):>>Nursing sciences module
Specific transversal competences of the degree course :>>Foreign language proficiency
Specific transversal competences of the degree course :>>IT and information competences
Specific transversal competences of the degree course:>>Oral and written communication competences
General aims (CIN Order 2134/2008, of July 3)
Be able to, in the field of nursing, to provide appropriate technical and professional health care for the health needs of the people caring, according to the state development of scientific knowledge of every moment and quality standards and security as laid down in the laws and ethics applicable.
Work with the team of professionals as the basic unit in which are structured uni or multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary professionals and other staff of healthcare organizations.
Know the health information systems.
Specific aims :
• To analyze the various roles, responsibilities and functions of the Nursing Professionals from a Management point of view.
• To identify specific patient needs to plan individualized caring programmes for the Healthcare System.
• To know/determine management processes and clinical pathways.
• To describe the skills to lead and coordinate a working team.
• To use management tools for clinical critical evaluation and audit of care according to relevant healthcare quality standards.
• To acquire specific knowledge for legal and ethical practice regarding Management and Administration.