DEGREE IN PRIMARY SPECIALITY
General Competences (CG)
- Identify information needs and then find, analyse, process, evaluate and communicate it effectively, critically and creatively.
- Plan, organise and manage processes, information, problem-solving and projects. Possess initiative, entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to generate new ideas and actions.
- Show oral and written language skills for teaching (official languages of the Region of Valencia and foreign languages) and the ability to communicate on different levels in different registers.
- Value diversity as a matter of fact and integrate it positively.
- Assess the social and environmental impact of actions taken in one's field.
Specific Competences (CE)
- Understand the organisation of primary education schools and, where appropriate, adult education centres and training classes, and the diversity of actors and actions involved in their operation. Collaborate with the different sectors of the educational community and the context and work in a team with your co-workers as a precondition for improving one's professional activity, sharing knowledge and valuing experiences.
- Understand the characteristics and conditions in which school learning takes place and indentify how this could affect the development of the students and act as a tutor, focusing on the students and parents of your group. All seeking understanding and cooperation with the families, bearing in mind different family contexts and lifestyles.
- Organise teaching in the framework of the epistemological paradigms of the subjects of the degree course, combining one's knowledge of the discipline with the transversal and multidisciplinary knowledge needed for the respective levels of education, showing one's understanding of the learning aims of the areas of knowledge laid down in the primary education curriculum.
- Identify and support those students who do not achieve their learning potential or have behavioural, emotional or social problems. Also know how to request advice from different services and specialists to attend diverse special education needs.
- Design and develop educational projects, programming units, contexts, activities and materials, including digital material, to allow the curriculum to be adapted to the diverse nature of the students and promote the quality of the contexts in which the educational process takes place, thus guaranteeing their well-being.
- Integrate information and communication technologies into guided and autonomous teaching and learning activities.