Faculties and centres
Basic Constructive Systems develops the constructive knowledge already taught at the subjects ICT (Introduction to the Technology) and MCT (Constructive materials for the Building Systems). The students will be able to manage the knowledge and the abilities needed for solving more difficult constructive solutions. These knowledge and abilities will be widened at the subject Advanced Constructive Systems and Singular Constructive System for completing the overall contents about construction in the study plan of Architecture.
The Basic Constructive Systems suppose a level more in the knowledge of the Technology Introduction that is imparted in First Course with the purpose of acquiring and continued form, in the different courses, the necessary skills to incorporate the constructive systems, in this case, in a basic way, in the Construction of the Architectural Project. This knowledge is acquired individually and completely with the subsequent subjects of Advanced and Singular Constructive Systems to be able to make an Execution Project that develops and materializes the idea of ¿¿the Architectural Project.
General Competences (CG)
Basic Competences and Competences included under the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education (MECES)
Inherent transversal competences:>>Cognitive Instrumental
UA Basic Transversal Competences
Inherent transversal competences:>>Methodological Instrumental
Inherent transversal Competences:>>Social Interpersonal
Specific Competences:>> Technical Block
Specific Competences:>> Project Block
The objectives of the Basic Constructive Systems in the Degree of Fundamentals of Architecture are the DESIGN and DEFINITION of constructive solutions including the CALCULATION, CONCEPTION, INTEGRATION, PRACTICE AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE EXECUTION PROJECT in everything related to the Basic Constructive Systems with the purpose of mastering those technological aspects of construction (which will be completed with the other subjects of the Construction Area) to materialize the idea of ¿¿the Architectural Project.
- The student must identify the constructive invariants needed for developing constructive solutions with a basic complexity level and connecting the knowledge of the different techniques, industries and systems with the definition of the constructive solution that develops the process.
- Identify the common singular sections for the different constructive techniques considered from the basic construction. The student must acquire the constructive knowledge proposed by the subject incorporating the human scale, and be able to master the dimensions, proportions, idea ... of the constructive element designed and its influence on the space definition.
- Develop constructive solutions by using the current building regulations.
- Definition and use of the different constructive materials with their advantages and disadvantages with a basic complexity level. The student has to detect and solve errors in basic constructive proposals, in such a way that the student acquires a criterion and knowledge in the diagnosis and therapeutics of possible damages in the constructive systems and that should be implemented with advanced and singular systems.
- Define and show constructive solutions with enough graphical level. That it develops the necessary skill to interpret and graphically communicate the constructive proposals, in addition to relating them to each other and to the general idea of ¿¿the architectural project, as an indispensable tool for its development.
- The student is able to use the technical vocabulary related to architectural construction and transmit appropriately to the other agents involved in the construction process.