Faculties and centres
This course is an introduction to Game Theory. Game Theory studies situations of strategic interaction and has become a fundamental tool for economic theory. It has contributed to improve our knowledge of human behavior in the face of decision making. It has many applications to economics, political science and biology.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
- To understand strategic thinking.
- To learn how to find ways of cooperating with others, even when they have purely selfish motivations.
- To understand the problems derived from asymmetric information among the different market participants.
Among the specific objectives we highlight:
- Formalize strategic situations using the tools of game theory and understand the different
equilibrium concepts in situations with different information
- Understand situations of conflict and evaluate the consequences of the different action alternatives, selecting the best given the objectives
- Assimilate the necessary concepts to analyze the economic models of subjects of higher courses.
- Apply the tools of the Game Theory to different economic models