Faculties and centres
"Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Structures" is a compulsory subject from the sixth semester of the Undergraduate Program in Civil Engineering. In order to reach a satisfactory level of achievement it is recommended that the students are already proficient with the following competences:
- Analysis of geometric parameters of cross sections: baricentres, first and second moments of inertia.
- Construction materials in civil engineering, more specifically, cement designation and properties and steel properties.
- Analysis of statically determinate structures: simply supported beams, cantilevers and trusses.
- Analysis of statically indeterminate structures: continuous beams and 2D frames.
- Use of structural software for structural analysis (e.g. SAP2000 or similar), as well as programming with datasheets (e.g. Excel or similar).
The subject is organized in the following activities: seminars, group tutorials and computer aided sessions.
UA Basic Transversal Competences
Specific Competences (Civil Branch)
Basic Transversal Competences