Faculties and centres
This course features key literary, artistic, and intellectual movements in English Literature. The main contents will make substantial reference to the breaking mechanisms of old canons, either of knowledge, experience, or aesthetic expression that have been important to some literary movements in English literature.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
Generic Degree Course Competences
Generic UA Competences
Specific Competences (CE):>>Conceptual
Specific Competences (CE):>>Procedural
Specific Competences (CE):>>Attitude
- Determine the different parts of the basic concepts that shape the history of English literature and build complex unities of knowledge from independent ideas considering its common features.
01. Know to what extent the concepts of innovation and rupture could be applied to the description and analysis of some creative milestones that have shaped the historical development of literature in English language, and the succession and alternation of its movements and periods.
02. Know the social, economic, political, and cultural characteristics that have contributed to run, by mutual involment, the innovative and rupturist processes pointed out in this course.
03. Know the methods and techniques of literary analysis in anglo-american literature in order to study the innovative and rupturist processes pointed out in this course.
04. Examine and analyse the various elements of literary works that can be identified with historic milestones of innovation, rupture and transgression.