Faculties and centres
In the academic context have to contextualize Art Direction into COMMUNICATION IN ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS. Where share space with other subjects:
Tools for Graphic Design.
Print and Digital Production.
Creative Strategy and Conceptualization.
New Advertising Formats
All of them are taught in the Advertising and Public Relations Degree, belonging to the Faculty of Economics of the University of Alicante.
In the professional context the Art Director assumes his/her role into different companies at different levels with a common denominator: establishing the aesthetic and conceptual parameters in order to transmit a message to a specific target.
UA Basic Transversal Competences
Specific Competences:>>Knowledge (theoretical)
Specific Competences:>>Professional (practical)
- Suggest new aesthetic forms of expression that seek innovation, differentiation and novelty. Analyze the expression of each media and propose suitable alternatives for the audience.
- Understand the necessary synergy that must exist between "creative writing" and "art direction".
- Understanding the cognitive processes that transform an idea into a communication service.
- Work on projects with the proper software.
- Know and use the relevant words for explaining the results.
- Recognize a communication problem and generate solutions that uses graphic or visual expressions.
- Knowledge of the main software used for design and communication.
- Knowing how the creative department of an organization works.
- Understand the art director´s role, its interrelation with the copywriter and creative direction as well as the need to establish effective working synergies between all personnel involved in the messages creation.
- Understanding and synthesize content from different fields of knowledge.
- Integrate knowledge on media and the specific needs of a product, service or idea.
- Decide, comprehensively and critically, between different options. Learn to assess and measure post-decision results.
- Understanding how the creative department of an organization works on communication.
- Ability to propose communication activities and their implementation in the field of persuasive communication and public relations.
- Ability to graphically express creative ideas.