Faculties and centres
Fundamentals of Business Economics is a basic introductory course in which students acquire knowledge that allows them to be familiar with concepts and administration tools, so students can interpret business reality from a systematic and global perspective. From this point of view, the main focus of the subject is based on studying the company, the employer, and main business decisions. This is done in order to establish a first contact with reasoning knowledge and techniques that, later, will be developed in subjects such as business management and leadership. In particular, we can highlight the direct relationship with the following subjects within the degree of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
o Operations management, 1st year.
o Organisation Designing, 2nd year.
o Strategic management of the company I, 3rd year.
o Strategic management of the company II, 3rd year.
o Strategy and International Management ot the company, 4th year.
o Entrepreneurship, 4th year.
o Human Resource Management, 4th year.
o Environmental quality management, 4th year.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
1. Know the evolution of the different theories for organisation and business administration.
2. Know what elements and characteristics define the business environment, distinguishing two basic types: macro and micro.
3. Distinguish the stages of the decision-making process and the most common mistakes made.
1. Learn to use mathematical models for decision making.
1. Develop a critical approach in business situations.
2. Develop different visions of the role of the company as a tool for economic development.