Faculties and centres
The main objectives of this course are to increase the linguistic and educational skills necessary for the teaching and learning of the English language and literature in Primary Education. This involves the mastery of the English language in formal and academic areas (B1+ level of the COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK) and training in teaching English language and literature in the educational context and for the different levels of Primary Education. Although the content of the course focuses on the teaching of the English language (as L2) the course has in mind that the teaching-learning of English language and literature occurs in the framework of plurilingual educational programs.
This course is taught in the third/fourth year of the Education Degree in Primary Education. This course provides the professional skills necessary for the training of future teachers in teaching the language and is part of the itinerary to obtain a Mention in English.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
Competencias Módulo optatividad:>>Mención en Lengua extranjera: Inglés
• Know and implement appropriate measures and strategies to integrate theories and texts in the Foreign L. class.
• Know and practice phonetic methods of teaching and learning L2 literacy.
• Analyze and understand the importance of proper sequencing of the phases of the teaching and learning of reading and writing in L2.
• Analyze the applications of oral and written texts in the teaching of English for Primary L. curriculum.
• Be able to select appropriate oral and written texts for foreign language class.
• Know the oral tradition, written texts and other manifestations in English.
• Know and apply knowledge and teaching resources needed to teach the subject.
• Possessing extensive information on techniques and resources for innovative English oral and written texts teaching in primary education.
• Assess the importance of oral and written texts of the English Language as part of compulsory education.
• Learn strategies and evaluation techniques relating to the subject taught.
• Being able to transcode L. literary works in English to audiovisual format.
• Apply ICT in teaching oral and written texts in L2.