Faculties and centres
• In the current educational framework, there is a tendency to introduce the teaching of L2 at young ages with more exposure to the language through multilingual and also through immersion programs by increasing the number of hours of English, both during school hours and extracurricular activities.
• The introduction of English literacy makes more sense in this new context since it allows an approach to the teaching of writing and reading English at earlier ages and with a completely new methodology.
• The course is designed to serve as an introduction to new teaching methods of English literacy, combining some of the various existing programs; Letters and Sounds implemented by the British Government, the commercial Jolie Phonics and the Spanish publisher Anaya Phonics Monster with own material preparation by students which will be part of the assessment of the subject in its practical side.
• All activities and materials created by the students of the subject are meant to be useful in their future teaching careers.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE)
Competencias Módulo optatividad:>>Mención en Lengua extranjera: Inglés
• Know and implement appropriate measures and strategies to integrate theories and texts in the Foreign L. class.
• Know and practice phonetic methods of teaching and learning L2 literacy.
• Analyze and understand the importance of proper sequencing of the phases of the teaching and learning of reading and writing in L2.
• Analyze the applications of oral and written texts in the teaching of English for Primary L. curriculum.
• Be able to select appropriate oral and written texts for foreign language class.
• Know the oral tradition, written texts and other manifestations in English.
• Know and apply knowledge and teaching resources needed to teach the subject.
• Possessing extensive information on techniques and resources for innovative English oral and written texts teaching in primary education.
• Assess the importance of oral and written texts of the English Language as part of compulsory education.
• Learn strategies and evaluation techniques relating to the subject taught.
• Being able to transcode L. literary works in English to audiovisual format.
• Apply ICT in teaching oral and written texts in L2.