Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2016-17
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
Course context for academic year 2016-17
The subject of Construction History belongs to the area of Architectural Construction Knowledge. It aims at introducing students of engineering building and technical architecture on the knowledge of the historic buildings and constructive solutions from the Ancient World to Postmodernism.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
Specific Competences (CE)
- E4 : Understand the traditional or prefabricated materials used in building, their types and the physical and mechanical characteristics that define them.
- E6 : Understand the historical evolution of building techniques and elements and the structural systems that have led to the stylistic forms.
General Transversal Competences
- G12 : Computer and information skills.
- G13 : Oral and written communication skills.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2016-17
The overall objective of the course aims to train students in the analysis of historical buildings, contextualizing them, developing the ability to read the constructional details of different eras and acquiring a criterion for intervention on historical and contemporary buildings.