Faculties and centres
The aim of the Degree in Business Administration and Management is to produce professionals who can perform management, consultancy and evaluation tasks in organizations involved in production. These tasks may be carried out within the overall scope of the organization or in any of its functional areas: production, human resources, financing, marketing, administration or accounting.
Graduates should understand how the functions of these areas relate to the general aims of the production unit and how these aims fit into the overall economic context, and be able to contribute to corporate operations and the improvement of results. Specifically, they should be able to identify and anticipate opportunities, assign resources, organize information, select and motivate personnel, take decisions, attain their proposed objectives and evaluate results.
In regards to the subject “Organizational Design”, students are to understand the different theories in the field of organizational structure and their application to organizational problem solving, to be able to analyze an organization’s structural situation, to identify and understand a company’s main structural strengths and weaknesses, and to provide solutions for its structural problems and issues.
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
1. To analyze the structural situation of a company.
2. To identify and understand the main structural strengths and weaknesses of a company.
3. To understand a number of different theories in the field of organizational structure and their application to organizational problem solving.
4. To be able to provide viable solutions for given cases.
5. To understand the concept of organization, organizational structure and organizational design.
6. To be able to make decisions related to the effective design of an organizational structure.