Faculties and centres
World and Spanish Economic History. 19th and 20th centuries, is a core course within the Degree in Administration and Business Management at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Alicante which will be taught during the first term of the Academic Year 2011-2012. Despite any particular requirement is not needed for successfully overcoming the topic subject, is well advised to have completed an introductory course to economics (microeconomics and macroeconomics) for a better understanding of the topic subject
General Competences (CG)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
Specific Competences (CE)
The course aims at providing with a general view of the historical evolution of western and Spanish economies. More specifically, the educative goals are itemized as follows:
• Training students for a better understanding of the evolution of economic issues, structural change and economic conjuncture (CG8, CG9, CE1, Ce2, CE3)
• Familiarizing students with the analysis of economic development (CG1, CG8)
• Making students aware of the relationships between economic and non-economic factors (CE3, CE12)
• Understanding the adaptative response of commercial companies to economic change (CE3, CE4).
• Deepen their knowledge of the main economic concepts as well as their application to analyze economic events by means of statistical methodology (CE4, CE12).