Faculties and centres
This is the third in a block of 3 translation subjects for the C-A (English-Spanish) language pair. It aims to provide students who have already completed the previous subject (General Translation C-A I) with basic training in the skills and techniques needed to translate texts from Spanish into English.
The main goal of this class is to provide students with the necessary techniques, tools and confidence to execute translation and proofreading assignments from Spanish into English. The type of texts chosen for use in class reflects the type of work they will be completing as professionals.
The course is eminently practical.
* Mobility students who have taken the Inverse Translation A-B (ES-EN) in the first quarter cannot take this course.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG1
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG2
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG3
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG4
Specific objectives provided by the teaching staff:
1. To consolidate theoretical knowledge acquired in Direct General Translation C-A I and II.
2. To develop translating skills through the application of theoretical knowledge, with special emphasis on specific problems related to the study of translation into a foreign language.
3. To recognise textual conventions in source and target language texts.
4. To know how to use analytical models correctly.
6. To recognise problems presented by the text and learn how to solve them.
7. To know how to use basic resources for solving translation problems found in a text.