Faculties and centres
Lexical aspects for translation. Grammar aspects for translation. Cultural aspects. Register and Style. Techniques and strategies.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG1
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG2
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG3
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG4
1. To go more deeply into the concept of translation and what it involves
2. To discuss different points of view and attitudes towards translation
3. To explore different types of translation
4. To explore a variety of activities that can be labelled as "translation", which range from summarizing to intercultural mediation.
5. To learn from translation problems and difficulties as potential sources of error
6. To get to know and discuss about different types of errors in translation in each stage of the translation process
7. To identify cognitive and functional errors in context and their relevance for the acquisition of the translation competence.
8. To be able to apply a mistake correction template
9. To go more deeply into the different translation methods, strategies and techniques.
10. To gain experience about the documentation techniques and methods used for translation
11. To go more deeply into the translation process
12. To familiarise with project-based learning