Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
La asignatura “Tragedia griega” forma parte del Itinerario de Estudios Clásicos, que se ofrece en 4º curso a todo el alumnado de los Grados en Filología. El Itinerario constituye una aproximación a la literatura clásica y, especialmente, a la producción dramática griega y latina de diferentes épocas, prestando particular atención a las ricas y complejas conexiones entre escena y literatura, literatura griega y literatura latina, y literatura clásica y otras manifestaciones artísticas.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
DEGREE IN ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIES
General Competences (CG)
- CG1 : Ability to gather and manage information that allows life-long learning.
- CG10 : Relate Arabic Studies with Philology and other disciplines, as well as work in interdisciplinary teams in national and international contexts.
- CG11 : Appreciate diversity, plurilingualism and multiculturalism in modern society.
- CG12 : Respect fundamental rights and promote democratic values, equality of men and women, equal opportunities and universal accessibility for the disabled and the values of peaceful culture.
- CG2 : Capacity to put the knowledge acquired into practice.
- CG3 : Capacity to plan and manage time.
- CG4 : Capacity to learn and work both autonomously and in a team.
- CG5 : Capacity for self criticism that encourages concern for quality and continuous improvement.
- CG6 : Interpret, analyse, synthesise and evaluate information scientifically and critically.
- CG7 : Make decisions, solve problems and adapt to new situations.
- CG8 : Generate new ideas, design and manage projects with initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- CG9 : Transmit knowledge of one's disciplines, prepare and defend arguments and present problems and solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE13 : Understand and analyse the main stages, movements, authors and works of literature in a second language of those proposed in the degree course.
- CE5 : Capacity to interpret, produce and develop academic descriptions and arguments and/or technical reports related to the professional contexts that can be accessed with the degree qualification.
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Be able to express oneself correctly in one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia in one's discipline.
DEGREE IN CATALAN STUDIES
General Competences (CG)
- CG2 : Capacity to understand the role of language in the construction of human beings as active members of a linguistic and cultural community and relate this to the function of individuals in society.
- CG3 : Capacity to develop reading, analysis and synthesis techniques.
- CG4 : Capacity to manage and use the resources provided by the information and communications technologies and apply those to the language and literature industries.
- CG6 : Ability to acquire basic training in one of the two classical languages (Latin or Greek).
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Ability to use basic ICT tools at user level.
- CGUA3 : Ability to communicate effectively and have linguistic understanding of one of the two official languages of the Region of Valencia (Spanish or Catalan) in their discipline.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE1 : Capacity to communicate in the Catalan language in communicative situations (oral and written), allowing fluid communication in the professional and academic areas in which the student will be working in the future, taking into account his/her knowledge of the historical, social, cultural and artistic reality of his/her context.
- CE10 : Capacity to use the pertinent resources and materials for self-learning (bibliographies, dictionaries, reference works, terminological works, tutorials, new technologies) and transmit the information in the Catalan language.
- CE12 : Capacity to understand, value and take advantage of multilingualism with an attitude favouring the standardisation of Catalan, to participate in cultural and linguistic diversity, as well as promoting it to ensure the better social development of the language.
- CE3 : Capacity to understand the pragmatic, textual and discursive characteristics of the Catalan language to use, transmit and apply knowledge to the analysis, comprehension and production of Catalan in oral and written forms.
- CE9 : Capacity to identify the currents of literary criticism, their categories, concepts and nomenclature as a key factor in the development of the capacity to criticise and analyse text (literary, cinematographic, advertising), as regards the creative manifestation and reflection of the sociocultural context.
DEGREE IN SPANISH: LANGUAGE AND LITERATURES
Generic Degree Course Competences
- CG2 : Capacity to understand the role of language in the construction of human beings as active members of linguistic and cultural communities and relate it to the function of individuals in society.
- CG3 : Be able to develop reading, analysis and synthesis techniques.
Specific Competences (CE):>>Conceptual
- CC15 : Understand the main stages, movements, writers and works of literature in the second language.
- CC17 : Basic understanding of a classical language.
- CC5 : Capacity to communicate in the language of the speciality (Spanish) and in a second language in oral and written situations to enable fluid communication in the future professional and/or academic contexts the student will be involved with in the future.
Specific Competences (CE):>>Procedural
- CP19 : Capacity to identify currents of literary criticism, their categories, concepts and anomenclature, as a basic tool for developing the ability to analyse and criticise text (literary, cinematographic, advertising, etc.), as regards the creative manifestation and reflection of the sociocultural context.
- CP20 : Capacity to use the pertinent materials and resources: bibliographic repertories, dictionaries, works of reference, critical editions, translations and ICTs as an independent learner able to control one's own learning process and make the corresponding independent progress.
Specific Competences (CE):>>Attitude
- CA22 : Be able to value and take advantage of multilingualism and multiculturalism as a social agent participating in the construction of a plural and tolerant society on the basis of the multicultural configuration of the Spanish-speaking world.
- CA23 : Be able to show a critical and self-critical attitude during the learning process.
- CA24 : Capacity to demonstrate social commitment to the equality of men and women, the plural and diverse nature of modern society, peace and democracy.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
4.1.1. Objetivos cognitivos
1. Conocer el origen y evolución de la Tragedia Griega en su contexto histórico y cultural.
2. Conocer las principales características formales y temáticas del género de la Tragedia Griega a través de sus principales representantes.
3. Adquirir una panorámica clara del papel formativo de estas obras en la cultura y la literatura europeas.
4. 1. 2. Objetivos procedimentales
4. Realizar comentario y análisis filológico de textos griegos pertenecientes a las obras y autores estudiados.
5. Acceder y manejar recursos bibliográficos, fuentes de información y herramientas informáticas que sirvan de apoyo para el estudio, análisis y comentario de textos.
4. 1. 3. Objetivos actitudinales
6. Valorar la importancia de la Tragedia Griega para la conformación de la cultura y literatura europeas.
7. Reconocer la aportación de los principales maestros que han sentado las bases para el estudio de la Tragedia Griega en nuestra cultura académica.