Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
Computer Science Applied to Tourism presents the student new Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) technologies applied to the tourism sector. The course covers the principles and basic concepts, as well as the application, design, use, and development of these technologies. Computer Science Applied to Tourism has eminently a practical orientation, where classes are computer-based practical sessions. This subject is directly related with the optional subject in the fourth year, New Technologies for the Management of Enterprises and Touristic Destinations. Nevertheless, given its technological base, this subject can act as a support for all the other degree subjects.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences acquired at University of Alicante (CGUA)
- CGUA2 : Be able to use basic ICT tools at user level.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE24 : Analyse and use information and communication technologies (ICT) in the different fields of the tourist sector.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Be capable of using computer-based office tools
Be capable of using and querying databases for the management and planning of tourism
Be capable of using internet and related services
Be capable of evaluating the quality of touristic websites