Faculties and centres
This is the third in a block of 3 translation subjects on the C-A (English-Spanish) language pair. It aims to provide students who have already followed the previous subject (Direct General Translation C-A I) with basic training in the necessary skills and techniques to do inverse translation of Spanish into English.
The main goal of this subject is to provide the student with the necessary techniques, tools and confidence to execute translation and revision assignments from Spanish into English in different subjects. The typology of the texts addressed intends to prepare students for their working future. Therefore, the texts covered are sourced from fields in which translation is usually made.
The course is eminently practical. The student will practice a great variety of general competences.
* Mobility students who have taken the Inverse General Translation A-B (ES-EN) in the first quarter cannot take this one.
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG1
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG2
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG3
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG4
Specific objectives provided by the teaching staff:
1. To consolidate theoretical knowledge acquired in the subjects of Direct General Translation C-A I and II.
2. To develop the translating ability through application of theoretical knowledge acquired, with a special emphasis on the specific problems in the study of translation to a foreign language.
3. To recognise textual conventions of texts in the source and target languages.
4. To know how to apply an analysis model.
6. To recognise problems presented by the text and learn to select the main sources that can help to solve those problems.
7. To know how to apply basic resources for solving translation problems presented by the text.