Faculties and centres
This course is the second in a series of three in the field of translation of the C-A language pair (English-Spanish), and its task is to ensure that students, who have already begun in the previous course (Direct General Translation C-A I), continue to study in depth the elements that make up the translation process, both from a theoretical and practical and professional point of view, so that the work begun in the first subject will be continued and the aspects related to the working languages, texts, translation strategies and techniques, error analysis, as well as the tools and resources used in the translator's daily life (translation memory systems, electronic resources, parallel corpus, etc.) will be worked on.).
General Competences (CG)
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG1
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG2
Specific Competences (CE):>>For CG3
1. To understand texts written in the C language belonging to different typologies and identify the linguistic and content features relevant to the translation
2. To deepen the knowledge of the culture and civilization of the countries of lC anguage necessary to carry out the translation of a text with non-specialized content.
3. To identify and analyse the most common translation problems and errors that occur in general direct translation.
4. To deepen the use of reference and documentation resources for general direct translation.
5. To know the main translation techniques and their application to different communicative situations.
6. To learn the basics of a "translation project".
7. To know and apply the parameters for evaluating the quality standards of the professional sector.
8. To deepen the knowledge on computer assisted translation tools.