Faculties and centres
This class studies English theatre from its origins in the late medieval period up until the seventeenth century. We will read works that are representative of this period in English literary history.
1. To strengthen the students' active and passive knowledge of English by means of interpreting literary texts and other supervised activities.
2. To understand the basic concepts pertaining to the study of English theatre produced up to the seventeenth century.
3. To be able to use the basic concepts independently to establish connections with other literary manifestations.
4. To be able to reject critical views based on authority and not on literary evidence.
5. To realize how collaborating with classmates contributes to improve understanding and identify personal errors of judgement.