Competencies and objectives
- Course context for academic year 2022-23
- Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
- Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
- Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
Course context for academic year 2022-23
In the last decade there has been an increase in the practice of sports in nature, as well as the popularly called "adventure sports".
This popularity and expansion of sports in the natural environment, has favoured the grown of a market focused on this type of clients who are looking for a different way to enjoy their free time.
Therefore, active tourism has now become a new opportunity for Graduates in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences, the training of these sports professionals has become essential to be able to develop their professional activity in this field.
At the same time, the adaptation of sports in nature to different populations and ages is necessary to interact with the environment for its protection and sustainable development.
The subject of Physical Activity in the Natural Environment has a teaching load of 6 ECTS credits equivalent to 150 hours of student work. It will be taught during the second semester of the second year of the degree as a compulsory subject.
Course content (verified by ANECA in official undergraduate and Master’s degrees)
General Competences (CG)
- CG1.1 : Capacity to identify, list, analyse, synthesise and apply the conceptual content determined by the subjects studied for the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport degree.
- CG1.2 : Capacity to manage information and knowledge in new and complex situations, solve problems and take decisions to develop instrumental content and procedures for the subjects in the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport degree course.
- CG3.1 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programs and projects in the fields of teaching, training and the promotion of health and recreational sport
- CG3.2 : Awareness and recognition of diversity and multiculturalism in the fields of teaching and learning, training and the promotion of health and recreation.
Specific Competences (CE)
- CE10 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects for teaching and learning physical activity among the adult population, the elderly and the disabled.
- CE13 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects in the field of promoting long-lasting and autonomous habits of practising physical activity and sport, paying special attention to diversity and multiculturalism.
- CE15 : Capacity to design, apply and evaluate high-quality processes, programmes and projects to control the training programmes of individual and team sports, sports using implements, marine sports, gymnastic skills and Valencian pelota, knowing how to select and use the appropriate sports material and equipment for each kind of activity.
- CE17 : Ability to design and supervise recreational physical-sports activity programmes.
- CE2 : Capacity for managing and applying knowledge of the effects of practising physical exercise on the psychological, social and educational aspects of human beings.
- CE4 : Capacity for managing and applying knowledge of the behavioural, social and educational factors that condition the practice of Physical Activity and Sport.
Learning outcomes (Training objectives)
Specific objectives stated by the academic staff for academic year 2022-23
- To know and manipulate the specific materials used in the development of activities in nature.
- To know and experience the initiation and improvement techniques of the sports scale.
- To know and experience the sport of orienteering.
- To know and experience the sport of mountain biking.
- To know and apply rope techniques.
- To know the safety protocols for activities carried out in the natural environment.
- To experiment and design activities in different sports disciplines such as; mountain races, Nordic walking or raids.
- To know and experience animation and recreational activities in a natural environment.